NYRRE banner

THE WILLIAMSON LIBRARY

1) Purpose
The library is located on the first floor of Tower C in Grand Central Terminal. The Railroad Enthusiasts has maintained space within the terminal since 1937. It currently houses one of the largest collections of railroad books, periodicals and rail memorabilia in the Metropolitan Area.

2) Origin
The space and purpose was designated by Fred E. Williamson, President of the NY Central R.R. 1931-1944. Mr. Williamson decreed that the Railroad Enthusiasts have the space in perpetuity.

3) Current Situation
The library is open for NYRRE meetings and by appointment.

The library was recently reopened after having been closed for over a year because of the terminal being renovated.

Return to NYRRE home page